Exercise and physical activity increase your body’s natural resilience and help you meet the unexpected challenges of daily life. Building your balance allows you to recover from a loss of balance and prevent a fall. Building and maintaining mobility improves your ability to reach, bend and turn. Improving your posture increases the amount of weight and forces your spine can manage.
Circuit class incorporates use of weights and bands, as well as body weight and balance exercises, for full body strengthening program that emphasis on proper form, specific movements that assist with everyday activities and fall prevention.
Instructors will make modifications and challenges available during the routine, so this is a great class for beginners, as well as participants who have already established a workout routine.
Equipment: dumbbells or resistance bands, yoga mat, chair (optional), stretch strap (optional)
Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays 10:30 am – 11:30 am
Registration fee: $20/class
This class will incorporate Pilates movement principles and functional movements with an emphasis on enhancing posture, improving balance, and gaining overall strength.
Equipment: yoga mat, pillow (optional), resistance band (optional)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Registration fee: $20/class
Small Group Schroth Class Instructed by Dr. Danielle Gurevich.
This is a group wellness session designed to help clients with scoliosis continue maintenance of their posture. Completing a course of care with a Schroth-certified physical therapist is a prerequisite to this class. If you are a new client with scoliosis, please contact the office to schedule a consultation with Dr. Michael Henderson.
Equipment: yoga mat, yoga block or stool, resistance bands, Schroth poles, chair. If you use padding, a traction belt, or have a stretch strap/foam roller, please have these ready.
Alternating Thursdays 6:30-7:30 pm
Registration fee: $35/class or $120 for a package of 4 sessions
How to sign up
- Registration may be completed online via your Mindbody account. You can also contact the front desk to schedule at (773) 665-9950 or email@example.com. Please register at least 30 minutes prior to class start time. Classes without a minimum number of participants may be canceled. Click here for instructions on how to sign up for your class on Mindbody.
- If you have not already completed the wellness participation waiver on Mindbody, please do so at that time.
- After registering, you will receive a follow up e-mail with the link to enter the class on Zoom.
Instructions for getting started with a virtual wellness class:
- Please have all equipment ready 5 minutes prior to the session.
- After joining the class, the instructor will approve each participant before beginning. Please note: all participants must be registered prior to the class or they will not be admitted from the waiting room to participate in the class. To ensure a positive experience for all participants, admission later than 5 minutes following start time cannot be guaranteed.
- Once you are logged on, please keep your video and audio on so we can greet each other and make sure everyone can see/hear the class instructor, answer any questions, and troubleshoot tech issues.
- When the instructor is ready to begin the workout, they will mute the audio of all participants so everyone can hear the instructor. You may turn your video “off” if you like using the button at the bottom of your screen.
- You may briefly unmute using the button in the lower left corner of your screen if you have a question or need a modification from the instructor.
For assistance with technical issues after class start time, contact (773) 665-9950.